View from Caedmon Hall onto the Acre

The image should refresh itself automatically. If it does not appear, then reload the page.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Camera Paused for two Days

On Wednesday evening, right in the final preparations for my upcoming travel, I found an email in my inbox, from webcams.travel, where I had registered our Leeds Met Caedmon webcam: the email stated that the status of my webcam has changed, and that it was not active. That surprised me a little, because I had just seen it running ok before I left office. So I checked the live image on our web site - and indeed, it showed a picture from Tuesday morning! Since I had seen the capture on my PC working ok, I concluded that the problem must be with the ftp process onto the web server.

So just before travelling to the airport at 3:00 am, I stopped at Uni, asked the guards to let me into my office, and had a look at my PC. Indeed, the capture software was running fine, the image sequences were captured ok. But for some reason the check box for "ftp image" was unchecked... I corrected this and left for the airport.

Apologies to everyone for this mishap. The camera is now running ok. Fortunately the image series capture had been running all along, so there is no problem of missing images when I will assemble the time lapse series video.

No comments: